Thursday, March 19, 2015

Don't Wait to be Happy.


Wednesday, when I walked into my MCOM class, my teacher was dropping some life wisdom on us. She told the few students that were there early that life doesn't really get any easier after college. I find myself thinking that after I graduate life will just magically become easier. She squashed this notion. 

After graduation comes a real job - and unlike school, you can't just skip class if you want to. Add in family and children, things definitely won't be easier. 

So her advice? Don't wait to be happy. As I write this, I am listening to "Don't Worry, Be Happy" and watching these minions laugh. Happiness is a choice. I'm not suggesting to ignore true feelings, or feelings of depression, but rather I can choose to enjoy my life while experiencing those feelings. 

The happiness that my Professor was talking about - I think it is more about feeling fulfilled. That's important because if you wait for tomorrow to be happy/fulfilled, a few years down the line you will look back and realize you missed out on a lot. That was my experience in High School.

So, what am I going to do? Don't worry...don't wait to be happy...choose to enjoy life now...continue to take steps to be more in control of my life.  

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I like this a lot, that really we just need to learn to be happy now. It reminds me of a talk from General Conference that said something along the lines of being happy in spite of our circumstances, not because of them. If we wait to be happy because our circumstances are ideal, we probably will never be happy. We need to learn to be happy IN our circumstances, no matter what they may be. Thanks for your post, I really appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post I love how you were listening to don't worry be happy while watching the minions laugh. The further we progress through life the more responsibilities we attain and we need to make theses responsibilities give us happiness. That's why I think it's important that we go into something that will give us happiness in our careers and marry someone who makes us truly happy.

    ReplyDelete