Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Persistence Pays Off.

per·sist·ence
pərˈsistəns/
noun
  1. firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition.
    "companies must have patience and persistence, but the rewards are there"

A few weeks ago, I posted about my job search. I have been continually applying and not really receiving any responses. If I would get any responding emails, it was "I'm sorry, but we have chosen to pursue a different person." Now, I totally understand that that is the way things go, but it still doesn't mean I can't be disappointed. 

This morning, I received an email asking me to come in for an interview. I am totally stoked. I know that there is a great possibility that the employer could again, go a different route, but that's okay because persistence pays off. 

I'm going to keep looking for job opportunities, and putting myself out there. I am going to keep networking, and who knows, I might even get a business card to hold on to. 

Anyway - what I've learned is that firm commitment to a course of action pays off. Not just in professional fields, but in relationships and in faith. A firm commitment to my spouse. A firm commitment to God. Have a firmness of mind. 

2 comments:

  1. I really liked how you tied in persistence in both professional, schooling, and family settings. I too am on the hunt for a job, good luck in your searches. I enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Good luck with your job interview! Persistence definitely pays off. Sometimes I think I might be a little too pushy with this kinda stuff....and then I realize that I'm not really persistent or pushy with the same one individual, but rather in general with a variety of people. So really, non of them know I'm being persistent. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete